Wednesday 9 November 2011

first week

I had a great day on tuesday:

I met with Alan Whitfield, who I'd blogged about here and who was kind enough to give me some time.
We had plenty to chat about and I also learned that he's a youth officer in the bay too. We talked about making videos, exhibitions, camera groups, future blinc events, colwyn bay, prophetic art, local art scene, pioneering church, etc etc...

In the aft was a fairly heavy Link-International trustee meeting

In the eve I headed over to Abergele for the first greenhouse collective meeting for people interested in social entrepreneurship in the North Wales area... I met with Jay Butters, and had an inspirational conversation about boomeranging and the idea of the spirit 'within the gathering'... And also caught up with Ruth Cole who runs soup and food kitchens for the homeless throughout Rhyl, the bay and Caernarfon from what I could gather.  It seemed like a most excellent rootsy project which I hope to get chance to visit in the coming weeks... Also in conversations: colwyn bay pier, alternative church, pioneering, ymuno festival, coffee campervans, bothy (in brief), grapes and art in worship...

I had a rubbish day on weds as I didn't sleep until 3am and as a result missed my train to 6.30am train to Oxford cms training... I spent the day trying to imagine the days course from home and attempting to get train tickets refunded...


No comments:

Post a Comment