Monday 31 October 2011

going to church

I went to church twice yesterday...


The first was to visit a family service being held at the local church... I shuddered with fear with the complexities involved in trying to think too deeply on the reality of what was going on there to be honest...


The second was an evening service at the local Methodist's.  I kind of been encouraged to go along by the powers that be to 'show my face'. Pip came along with eyrn in pushchair, a quick peek through the front door window and Pip decided to take eryn home... I braved on solo though ,and actually quite enjoyed the peaceful, small, semi circular gathering of maybe 15 post 50's members.  The message was really powerful, and quite challenging, pushing candid issues of the banking crisis, alcohol and such matters...


For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. eph.6:12


I also met the superintendent (boss) who I found very supportive of the pioneering role indeed, and the treasurer for the circuit, who was also very encouraging....


I walked home in the dark quite cheered...

No comments:

Post a Comment